More than 300 Deepak Chopra quotes and quotations!—from India's most influential figure since Gandhi.
(Enjoy the Deepak Chopra biography I wrote for you, or simply scroll down to Deepak Chopra Quotes.)
Deepak Chopra M.D. (born 1947) Indian-born U.S.-based physician, metaphysican and author
Born in New Delhi, India on October 22, 1947, Deepak Chopra was the eldest son of a prominent cardiologist who served as the dean of a local hospital and a lieutenant in the British army. Deepak was raised by his Hindu mother and spiritual but irreligious father in a privileged household that loved the classics of British literature.
Deepak went to a Catholic school, where he dreamed of becoming a writer, or an actor—until the bright, scientifically minded hero in the Sinclair Lewis novel, Arrowsmith, inspired him to become a doctor.
Chopra attended the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, embarking on a career in Western Medicine. He graduated in 1968, and emigrated to the U.S. in 1970 with his wife, Rita, to do his clinical internship at a New Jersey hospital. He followed this with residency training for several more years at the Lahey Clinic in Massachusetts and the University of Virginia Hospital, where he became board-certified in internal medicine and endocrinology.
His daughter, Mallika, was born in 1972, followed by a son, Gotham (originally Gautama) in 1975. Dr. Chopra taught at Tufts and Boston University Schools of Medicine, became the chief of staff at the New England Memorial Hospital and established a large private practice.
But despite his success, Chopra felt a growing lack of fulfillment. He had an unhealthy lifestyle fuelled by coffee, cigarettes (a pack a day) and alcohol. And the nagging question, "Am I doing all I can for my patients?" dogged him.
In 1985, a lecture by the Transcendental Meditation guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi brought Chopra’s attention to Ayurveda, the ancient science of healing from India. Chopra turned his life around and embraced Ayurveda as a system of health care that treats the whole person, with the guiding principle that the mind exerts the deepest influence on the body.
While part of the Ayurvedic system is used for treating illness, Ayurveda aims to prevent illness, through awareness of the individual body's needs, and achieving better health naturally, especially through dietary changes.
Chopra began to envision a medical system based on the premise that health is a lively state of balance and integration of body, mind and spirit. For a while, he led the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Transcendental Meditation and Ayurvedic medicine programs.
Through more than two decades of work since leaving his medical practice, Chopra’s mission of "bridging the technological miracles of the West with the wisdom of the East" remains his thrust. He is widely credited with melding modern theories of quantum physics with the timeless wisdom of ancient cultures.
In 1992, Chopra served on the U.S. National Institute of Health's Ad Hoc Panel on Alternative Medicine. Then in 1996, to help people experience physical healing, emotional freedom and higher states of consciousness, Dr. Chopra co-founded the Chopra Center for Wellbeing, now situated in Carlsbad, California and in New York City. The centre offers a wide variety of programs and retreats, which integrate the healing arts of the East with the best in modern Western medicine.
In 2003, he also co-founded and is President of the broad-based Alliance for a New Humanity, to form "peace cells" around the world and foster environmental healing and sustainable economies in developing nations.
Deepak Chopra is the author of more than 50 books, translated into dozens of languages, including 15 New York Times bestsellers. He also has more than 100 audio, video and CD titles to his credit.
His books range broadly across spiritual and health topics, including aging, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success, the existence of God, the afterlife and world peace. He has also written novels; edited collections of spiritual poetry from India and Persia; and co-authored Ask the Kabbala—a set of 22 cards, each representing a story or character from the Old Testament and a life lesson from a Kabbalistic viewpoint.
TIME magazine has heralded Chopra as one of the 100 heroes and icons of the 20th century, and credited him as "the poet-prophet of alternative medicine."
Toastmaster International has recognized him as one of the top five outstanding speakers in the world.
To achieve all this and keep his life in balance, Chopra meditates twice a day for two hours in total, and spends at least an hour working out. He also spends a week of silence in the wilderness every three months or so, with no contact with human beings or even a book.
No wonder that at the Citation of the Medal of the Presidency of the Italian Republic (awarded by the Pio Manzu International Scientific Committee) Mikhail Gorbachev said of Chopra, "A renowned physician and author, Deepak Chopra is undoubtedly one of the most lucid and inspired philosophers of our time.”
DEEPAK CHOPRA QUOTES
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Adversity
- Reality isn't a vast, fixed scheme trapping you without choice. At any moment you have the choice to break out of what is really trapping you—your automatic reactions dredged up from the past.
- No matter how much of a mess we may have made of our lives, it is always possible to tap into the part of the soul that is universal, the infinite field of pure potential, and change the course of our destiny.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Appreciation
- We must never pretend appreciation, but if we feel it, then we must express it.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Change
- Every intention is a trigger for transformation.
- What begins as the merest hint of new strength will grow.
- Find someone whom you trust enough to begin the process of release that you must continue on your own.
- You can wish for things in the future to be different, but in this moment you have to accept things as they are.
- Attention activates the energy field, and intention activates the information field, which causes transformation.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Change
- If you can cherish yourself even as you discard your current favourite mask, you are living perfectly in the way of peace.
- The first step towards change is recognition. Recognize that you have had at least a few hopes and wishes come true.
- Bring shy, hidden, embarrassing, guilty or shameful energies into view. This exposure sets the stage for dealing with these energies.
- It’s the glory of the creative process to constantly flow and change. The more you can accept this, the easier it is to accept your own transformation.
- We concoct a scheme for forced change, motivated by hating the ugly parts of ourselves, feeling insecure and inadequate, wanting anything but whatever is right before us.
- The possibility of stepping into a higher plane is quite real for everyone. It requires no force or effort or sacrifice. It involves little more than changing our ideas about what is normal.
- While still remaining who you are, you can bring about a quantum leap in your awareness, and the sign that the leap is real will be some emergent property you never experienced in the past.
- Take a little time every day to notice the contents of your mind. This act of noticing, although very simple, is one of the most powerful steps to bringing about change. What you don’t see you cannot change.
Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Change
- Any new identity that you find on your life’s journey is going to morph into another identity as you continue along. All these identities can be healthy, yet it’s undeniable that to grow from one identity to the next involves destruction. The habits of the old self must give way to the habits of the new.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Choices
- No single decision you ever made has led in a straight line to where you find yourself now.
- In every moment of our existence, we are in that field of all possibilities where we have access to an infinity of choices.
- See that not one but many good things came from your bad decisions, while many bad (things) are tangled up in your good decisions.
- Break out of the mindset that your life consists of good and bad choices that set your destiny on an unswerving course. Your life is the product of your awareness. Every choice follows from that, and so does every step of growth.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Coincidences
- Intent creates coincidence; it is the reason why, when you’re thinking of something, it happens.
- Every coincidence is an opportunity for you to become the person the universe intended you to be.
- When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities.
- The more attention you put on coincidences and the more you inquire into their significance, the more often the coincidences occur and the more clearly their meaning comes into view.
- If you are driving home from work and your gaze is caught by a glowing sunset, consider that Nature wanted to catch your attention, not that you and the sunset are having just an accidental encounter
- Everything is connected with everything else. In the spiritual world, those connections become visible. But in the physical world, we only glimpse the connections in the clues given to us through coincidence.
Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Coincidences
- The more attention you put on coincidences, the more you attract other coincidences, which will help you clarify their meaning. Putting your attention on the coincidence attracts the energy, and then asking the question, “What does it mean?” attracts the information. The answer might come as a certain insight, or intuitive feeling, or an encounter, or a new relationship.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Communication
- To commune with others involves commitment and a willingness to expose your deepest aspirations.
- Tuning in to others is a circular flow: You send yourself out toward people; you receive them as they respond to you. Notice how often you don’t do that. You stand back and insulate yourself, sending out only the most superficial signals, and receive little or nothing back. The same circle must be present even when someone else isn’t involved. If you want to fully experience life, you must close the circle.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Compassion
- Compassion comes from the root words “to suffer with,” and for that reason many people actually fear it.
- Compassion is one of the most honoured and saintly feelings because it marches up to the front lines of suffering and says, “Take me.” In this giving of oneself there is a direct experience of pain, yet in the giving there is love.
- Compassion has the power to dissolve pain by not avoiding it, but by trusting that love affords the greatest protection. By discovering that there is a reality—love—stronger than any pain, you mount your strongest defense.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Conflict
- You will never feel better about yourself by making others look worse.
- When you blame and criticize others, you are avoiding some truth about yourself.
- When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.
- Whenever you feel yourself having a reaction of judgment, rejection or resistance, imagine the opposite. Instead of seeing an adversary, view your partner as totally on your side. Don’t focus on what he or she has done to irritate you; reframe it as an act of pure love, brought into being to teach you the perfect lesson you need to learn at just that moment. This isn’t a mind game or a trick: at the level of spirit your beloved acts only from love, holding your highest good at heart.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Consciousness
- Out of consciousness everything else is built.
- Questions answer themselves if you are aware enough.
- Everyone’s consciousness draws from the same underlying reality.
- Consciousness is the maker of reality. Maker really means “chooser.”
- Thoughts come and go like leaves in the wind, but the core of consciousness is forever.
- When it is expanded, human consciousness chooses non-violence since that is compatible with love.
- If you want to know the state of your personal consciousness, just look around and see what is happening to you.
- If you want to know the state of the collective consciousness, just look around at what is happening in the world.
- The world consists of images on a screen, and consciousness is the steady light that emanates from the projector.
- There are no physical divisions in the subtle domain and therefore no barriers between heaven and hell, light and shadow.
- The important thing is how much consciousness you add to the whole of human existence, for that is how eternity expresses itself.
- The soul is a living, dynamic part of each person. It exists as consciousness and therefore must be found in consciousness.
- No matter whether “I” feels victorious or defeated, elated or discouraged, these are mere phantoms compared to consciousness itself.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Consciousness
- Consciousness orchestrates its activity in response to both attention and intention. Whatever you put your attention on becomes energized. Whatever you take your attention away from dwindles.
- The only preparation or participation required to unleash the power of intention is a connection to the conscious intelligence field, which can be attained in many ways, one of the best being meditation.
- Each of us lives in multi-dimensions. We can choose where to focus our attention, and wherever that focus goes, a new reality opens up. When I speak of other dimensions, I’m referring to domains of consciousness.
- People who are connected with the conscious intelligence field adopt the intentions of the universe. Their intentions are being met, but that’s only because the cosmic mind is using their intentions to fulfill its own desires.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Consciousness
- Each of us is a walking universe. Our inner space spans huge distances, with unreachable horizons in all directions. We contain black holes of lost memory and white holes of erupting joy. A mysterious centre of gravity keeps all our mental processes in delicate balance.
- When a person achieves a certain level of consciousness, whatever he or she intends begins to happen. These are the people who are so connected with the conscious intelligence field that their every intent manifests itself—the whole order of the universe orchestrates around it.
- We are all multidimensional, omnidimensional. Everything that exists somewhere in the world also exists in us. When we embrace these different aspects of ourselves, we acknowledge our connection to the universal consciousness and expand our personal awareness.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Creating
- Uncertainty is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom.
- Intent works by harnessing the creative forces inherent in the universe.
- To see how passionate you are, look around at what you have created.
- The energy born of love is creative—it makes everything it touches new.
- Just as we have our personal creativity, the universe also displays creativity.
- When you are in the field of creativity, you lose track of time. Only the flow exists.
- Signals from spirit all serve the same purpose; to give you back your life as a creator.
- To create in consciousness is our greatest gift, and what we create continues to evolve.
- As our attention creates energy, intention brings about the transformation of that energy.
- If you open yourself without judgment to your role as a creator, you gain much more freedom.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Creating
- Genesis doesn’t have to be a far-off event that put the universe into play. It can be a constant event that renews at every moment.
- The most creative act you will ever undertake is this act of creating yourself. It takes place on countless levels, seen and unseen.
- Our intentions hold within them the mechanics of their fulfillment. All we really need is clarity of intent. Then if we can get the ego out of the way, the intentions fulfill themselves.
- From a spiritual viewpoint you are always a creator. The tiniest situation in your life is not made “out there” but “in here,” from the source of reality, which is awareness.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Death
- The scene isn’t one of perpetual death but of life circulating within itself.
- If your approach to life is to take it one day at a time, the very last day won’t be any different.
- The traditions of wisdom looked at Nature and saw in its design creation and dissolution, the one inseparable from the other.
- The ability of consciousness to shape our lives is the most permanent thing about us, the one aspect of the mind we can expect to continue. (Of life after death).
- Many cultures have viewed the barrier between life and death as permeable. We insist on making it into a wall, and behind this insistence lurks a good deal of unspoken fear.
- When people wonder if the personality survives death, the answer is that the personality doesn’t even survive while we are alive. We are not the same person we were five, 10 or 15 years ago and it would be a sorry state if we were.
- Death as a fact becomes less brutal if you can accept that it is a necessary part of life. The universe recycles everything in the never-ending flow of time. The atoms that make up your body have found a temporary shelter only. Like birds of passage they are always in flight.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Ego
- Anxiety comes from the ego’s need to protect itself.
- The ego is not easily defeated in its preoccupation with everything but love.
- Negativity is an invisible parasite. It needs a host to feed off, and the host is the ego.
- If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue.
- It is strange but true that the very mechanism that builds the isolated self also wants to escape it.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Ego
- You must stop feeding the monster. This inner being who keeps screaming, “What about me?” is a kind of monster, a distorted outgrowth of your ego.
- Spirit can do one thing that your ego craves very deeply and can’t accomplish on its own. Spirit can help the ego escape that painful trap of I, me, and mine.
- Our most fundamental needs—for love, understanding, encouragement, support—permeate every cell. The desires that arise in your mind are often clouded by ego motives, which are not true needs.
- When you learned as a young child to cling to my toy, my candy, my pleasure, my happiness, at the same time your ego started clinging to the opposite: my scraped knee, my broken doll, my sadness, my pain.
- The reason that ego and love are not compatible comes down to this: you cannot take your ego into the unknown, where love wants to lead. If you follow love, your life will become uncertain, and the ego craves certainty.
Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Ego
- Go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Emotions
- Your emotions are the most present-centred thing you have.
- An emotion is a thought linked to a sensation. The thought is usually about the past or the future, but the sensation is in the present.
- To feel an emotion fully and completely, to experience it and then release it, is to be in the present, the only moment that never ages.
- Emotion brings in the dimension of bonding or tuning in: An experience that touches your heart makes the meaning that much more personal.
- Pure physical sensation, social status, sexual attraction, and feeling like a winner are generally superficial, which is why people hunger for them repeatedly.
- When we deny ourselves the immediate experience of an emotion, a screen of words is put up by the mind, and this throws us out of the present and into either the past or the future.
- At the very instant that you think, “I am happy,” a chemical messenger translates your emotion, which has no solid existence whatever in the material world, into a bit of matter so perfectly attuned to your desire that literally every cell in your body learns of your happiness and joins in.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Evil
- To grapple with evil, you have to look at it, not in horror or as spectacle but with the same attention that you’d give to any problem you are seriously interested in.
- I realize that for many people there is a huge barrier in the form of “the other,” someone outside themselves whose evil is unquestioned. Sixty years ago “the other” lived in Germany and Japan; 30 years ago it lived in the Soviet Union; today it lives in the Middle East. Such people find evil easier to explain by never losing sight of “the other”—without an enemy, they would have to face the presence of evil inside themselves.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Evolution
- Everyone and everything you see is in flux.
- At any given stage of personal evolution, you are seeing reality as yourself.
- What’s playing through your DNA at this moment is the evolution of the universe.
- The universe has a stake in which choices you decide to make, for the overwhelming evidence is that it favours evolution over standing still.
- As you access more creativity, you are evolving. On the other hand, if you try to use old solutions to solve new problems, your evolution will slow down.
- We tend to think of evolution as a straight-line march from primitive organisms to higher ones. A better image would be of a bubble expanding to take in more and more of life’s potential.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Freedom
- Your life can only be as free as your perception of it.
- For me as an individual to be free, I have to confront myself with questions about who I really am, and this is done in large part by examining the layers of false identity that I mistakenly call me. The practical side of this process comes down to one very simple question that happens to grow a thousand arms, like a mental octopus: Am I thinking for myself?
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Fulfillment
- All fulfillment comes from within.
- There are many ways to get fulfillment besides the outward-orientated ones our culture teaches us.
- Every cell in your body is seeking fulfillment through joy, beauty, love and appreciation. This is hard to realize when the mind sets up its own separate agenda for fulfilling other kinds of desires, ones that are loveless, without joy or satisfaction.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Genius
- This is the nature of genius, to be able to grasp the knowable even when no one else recognizes that it is present.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Giving
- Anything that is of value in life only multiplies when it is given.
- Giving connects two people, the giver and the receiver, and this connection gives birth to a new sense of belonging.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about God
- There are as many versions of God as there are people in the world.
- God shows the way through consciousness, because God is consciousness.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about God
- It's not justice to God to limit God into the volume of a body or the span of a lifetime or an ethnic background.
- If you define God, you limit God. If you have an image of God, that image conforms to your level of awareness or your projection.
- The biblical story of how God created man in his own image isn’t complete until we realize that man returned the favour by creating God in his image, too.
- If your mind feels conflicted, or guilty, or schizoid, there is no other way to view God than through those lenses. If your mind is organized, coherent and clear, there is no other way to view God than through those lenses.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about God
- As evolution proceeds, God changes. The level of consciousness that makes God a supporter of war and a source of fear shifts, to be replaced by a peaceful and loving God. That God is only sustainable, however, if your awareness has shifted to support it. This is one of the laws that govern spirituality. As you evolve, so will the divine. The way of peace depends on bringing that truth to life, step by step.
- Here's one planet, called planet Earth. And even in our own galaxy, it's a speck of dust. There are thousands of stars—millions of stars—with planetary systems with specks of dust like ours. This galaxy is part of millions of other galaxies, and even as we speak, there are giant stars exhausting their thermonuclear energy, collapsing into singularities and exploding through time warps and space-time warps into other universes. For us to say that some guy 2,000 years ago who lived in Palestine is in charge of all this, or some other guy who lived in Arabia 2,000 years ago, or India, or whatever… I mean, really, we are limiting God.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Gratitude
- The expression of gratitude is a powerful force that generates even more of what we have already received.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Grief
- Grief is a wrenching emotion and therefore one of the most threatening.
- Grief falls into the rare category of being a necessary suffering. You have to go through it before you can release it back to the light.
- Those we love have been taken inside us and made a part of who we are. When they die or are threatened by crisis, we feel that our own being has been attacked. To the unconscious mind, there is a real threat that we are going to die with them. By going numb instead of grieving, your ego pretends that the loss isn’t agonizing, that the threat is not so grave as it actually is.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Happiness
- If you have happy thoughts, then you make happy molecules.
- Happiness is a continuation of happenings that are not resisted.
- When we seek money, or a good relationship, or a great job, what we are really seeking is happiness. The mistake we make is not going for happiness first. If we did, everything else would follow.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Health
- Healing is not a matter of solitary work.
- By creating an artificial environment, we're not stimulating our immune system enough. Germs are immune-stimulants. They challenge you to be prepared.
- Inner healing involves moving from darkness to the light. “Light” is a word that has different meanings yet is generally understood as love and understanding. Love nurtures the emotional body; understanding fills the voids created by pain.
- Psychiatry is an imperfect healer because it is wounded itself. Its reality does not include a core of magic; in fact, many therapists do their utmost to stamp out any signs of magic in the patient’s mind. Only the most exceptional people manage to rise above the reality principle; they alone can begin to appreciate how simple the state of total insight might actually be.
- We casually assume that a person who survives cancer or can cure himself of a fatal disease operates with the same mental machinery as anyone else, but this is not true: mental processes can be deep or shallow. To go deep means to contact the hidden blueprint of intelligence and change it—only then can visualization of fighting cancer, for example, be strong enough to defeat the disease.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Hope
- To rekindle hope, one must find a path to the extraordinary. This requires a shift in oneself.
- When hope serves as a means to reach deeper into yourself than anyone could predict, or than anyone believes possible, it is a spiritual force.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Joy
- Joy is a return to the deep harmony of body, mind and spirit that was yours at birth and that can be yours again. That openness to love, that capacity for wholeness with the world around you, is still within you.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about the Law of Attraction
- Our intentions attract the elements and forces, the events, the situation, the circumstances and the relationships necessary to fulfill the intended outcome. We don’t need to become involved in the details—in fact, trying too hard may backfire. Let the non-local intelligence synchronize the actions of the universe to fulfill your intentions for you.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Life
- Meaning is essential.
- Controlling the flow of life is impossible.
- The world is your home, and it is safe.
- The direction of life is from duality to unity.
- Uncertainty is part of the overall order of things.
- No matter how hostile the conditions, life is inextinguishable.
- Life is set up to bring you every needed situation in its own right time.
- Life is safe; flowing with the current of being is the simplest way to live.
- Journeys to heaven and hell are daily occurrences, not far-off possibilities.
- This is what makes life rich, that it has more to offer with each clue it reveals.
- When you can live with all your opposite qualities, you will be living your total self.
- Focus on the quality of life. Add life to your years and then years will be added to your life.
- There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill.
- The most worthwhile life is spent discovering your spiritual core and building your existence on it.
- Life is like an eternal dance. The movements of the dance are choreographed through your awareness.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quote about Life
- When the material, psychological and spiritual dimensions are brought into balance, life becomes whole, and this union brings feelings of comfort and security.
Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Life
- We have grown used to randomness, to the notion that life is precarious and threatened at every turn. But the history of life shows that it has survived for billions of years; in fact it seems to create conditions for its own survival by means of some deep intelligence that is never threatened.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Love
- Love doesn't need reason.
- Love is a force as real as gravity.
- The force of love is actually real.
- All love is based on the search for spirit.
- Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew.
- Love grows timid and afraid when not expressed.
- It takes no effort to love. The state has its own innate joy.
- Negativity is born in the gap where love has been excluded.
- If you create any open space within yourself, love will fill it.
- Love is the beginning of the journey, its end, and the journey itself.
- The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers.
- I think that each wo/man you have loved is a tiny reminder of who you are.
- It isn’t love when another person cannot give you the space to live your own life.
- If you look deeper you will see that love and attachment are not the same thing.
- Love has the power to change our bodies as much as violence, but in a positive direction.
- Modern medicine has already discovered that love increases the human immune response.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Love
- The intense desirability of another person isn’t innate in that person. Desire is born in the one who desires.
- People who feel loved live longer; have fewer colds, lower blood pressure and lower cancer rates; and have fewer heart attacks.
- Someone who feels unloved can still find love in its purest form, but he will have to work through the layers of resistance that block the feeling of pure love.
- In our imaginations we believe that love is apart from us. Actually there is nothing but love, once we are ready to accept it. When you truly find love, you find yourself.
- The surge of love that constantly upholds life is like the surge of the ocean that renews each wave.
- Mature love consists of being able to see yourself in your beloved and your beloved in yourself.
- Love is the hidden message within all fear and pain, no matter how horrible they make you feel.
- Loving people have taught themselves that holding on is possessiveness. Anyone who has ever been trapped in a possessive relationship knows its smothering effect.
- What creates romance is the ability to see yourself as lovable. This shift in perception happens not by changing who you are but by seeing who you are and then shining it forth.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Love
- The secret of attraction is to love yourself. Attractive people judge neither themselves nor others. They are open to gestures of love. They think about love, and express their love in every action. They know that love is not a mere sentiment, but the ultimate truth at the heart of the universe.
- Love allows your beloved the freedom to be unlike you. Attachment asks for conformity to your needs and desires. Love imposes no demands. Attachment expresses an overwhelming demand—“Make me feel whole.” Love expands beyond the limits of two people. Attachment tries to exclude everything but two people.
- We assume that falling in love is totally magical, a stroke from the blue that will come at random, usually when least expected. Many people wait passively for this magic to appear. Although masked as hope, this passivity is really a form of hopelessness. The hope that someone will reach out to us and bestow love is a surrender of our ability to create our own lives.
- We look for approval in others. This behaviour basically projects our inner dissatisfaction with ourselves in the hope that some outside authority will lift it from our souls. Here the loveless inner voice is saying, “Don’t make a move until the right person comes along.” (The right person in this case is some fairy-tale character who will tap the ugly duckling and turn it into a swan.) Being an impossible fiction, that right person never arrives.
Really Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Love!
- Despite their self-defeating nature, fantasy and fear are what most of us fall back on when we search for love. Prompted by them, men and women approach romance with behaviours that can never bring about what they hope to achieve. These tactics all grow out of listening to an inner voice that obsesses about love and directs our search, even though the voice itself is quite loveless. Most of these futile behaviours will sound extremely familiar: We constantly compare ourselves with an ideal that we can never live up to. The loveless inner voice drives us by saying, “You aren’t good enough—thin enough, pretty enough, happy enough, secure enough.”
- When you are alone, there seems to be no relationship. People who find themselves alone rarely feel any incentive to explore love. They await contact with another person, or turn out to seek it. Thus we become dependent on other people to make us feel totally and permanently loved. This expectation will, however, always be defeated, and although we blame those who failed to respond to us, who responded but then left, who stayed but then changed their minds, none of them is finally the cause of our problem. The cause is our inability to develop an unshakable relationship with ourselves. The Self is the source of love. People who live their own love stories have learned this lesson above all.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Luck
- Opportunity + Preparedness = Good Luck.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Marriage
- A sacred marriage draws its passion from its inclusiveness. Passion for another person has to fade, but passion for life itself is eternal.
- To defend one’s maleness or femaleness, to aim criticism at the other sex for causing problems—these are all betrayals of marriage’s sacred foundation.
Short Deepak Chopra Quote about Mind
- God does not judge, only the mind does.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Mind
- As the Vedas put it, the enlightened mind is like the sun, compared to which all other minds are like candles. But a candle has value, because once it is lit, the darkness cannot be total.
- The mind is addicted to repetition. … At the same time that is reassures us, repetition has a deadening effect. By keeping out what’s new, it forces reality into the strait-jacket of the old.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Mind
- The mind is… full of pointless repetition. It has been estimated that 90 percent of the thoughts anyone thinks on any given day are the same as those of the day before. This is because we are all creatures of habit, worry, and obsession.
- The qualities we choose, such as expansion/contraction, expression/repression, individualism/conformity, and altruistic, selfless/ego-driven, don’t describe types of people but qualities of your own mind, which expands and contracts depending on many factors.
- The mystery, strangely enough, is how we manage to restrict the unbounded potential of our own minds. But we do. The choices we make build invisible barriers that only we can take down. There are constant forks in the road that shape the invisible structure of the mind depending on the road we choose.
- The mind is full of unconscious static, tracking back to the very depths of infant memory. You may be paying attention only to your conscious, willed thoughts, but in the background your unconscious mind is churning with its unfulfilled hopes, its old fears and wishes—in short, all the things that didn’t seem to come true in the past.
Longest Deepak Chopra Quotes about Mind
- Thoughts are like ocean waves. Rising and falling, they see only their own motion. They say, “I am a wave,” but the greater truth, which they don’t see, is, “I am ocean.” There is no separation between the two, whatever the wave might suppose. When the wave settles down, then it instantly recognizes that its source in ocean—infinite, silent, unchanging—was always there.
- When you have an intention and send it into the universal awareness, you are actually talking to yourself in another form. As the sender of the message, you are an individual living here in time and space. But you are also the receiver of the message, in your guise as a higher self presiding over your space-time identity. And even more than this, you are the medium of the message, pure awareness itself.
- To think in a more orderly, conscious, efficient manner you first have to eliminate habits of thinking that obstruct the universe’s ability to carry out your desires. Imagine that your mind is a radio transmitter, bombarding the field with messages. If you sit quietly and observe your mind, you will see that it is full of mixed signals. The things we want to accomplish we also have doubts about; the person we want to turn into is also someone we aren’t quite sure about.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Mind and Body
- DNA gets influenced by your every thought, feeling and action.
- As soon as you decide that you want something, your nervous system responds to reach your desired goal. This holds true for simple intentions as well as for complex intentions.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Miracles
- Miracles happen every day. Not just in remote country villages or at holy sites halfway across the globe, but here, in our own lives.
- Tune into the presence of miracles, and in an instant, life can be transformed into a dazzling experience, more wondrous and exciting than we could even imagine.
- The Buddha was a mortal as you and I, yet he attained enlightenment and was raised to the rank of an immortal. The miracle is that he got there following a heart as human as yours and mine, and just as vulnerable.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Money
- If you have guilt, fear and insecurity over money or success or anything else, these are reflections of guilt, fear and insecurity as basic aspects of your personality.
- If you live as though money brings the only happiness, clearly something has gone wrong. You have neglected the entire world of spirit, with the implication that the surface of life is enough.
- Without holding moral judgments against money, I must accuse riches of being a terrible distraction. They hold us in the grip of a false self-image, that of being creatures whose purpose on Earth is to be prosperous and secure. Our real purpose on earth is very different, as every spiritual tradition recognizes. We are here to evolve and grow. We are here to discover who we are. We are here to transform our surroundings in keeping with who we really are.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Now
- In the one reality, the only time on the clock is now.
- If this moment truly matters to you, you will experience it fully.
- The most direct way not to worry about tomorrow is to live in the present.
- The trick to dropping the past is to find out how to live now as if it were forever.
- Open yourself up to what is in front of you rather than allowing yourself to be distracted.
- Only the present is real. It contains the fullness of the world and the fullness of spirit at the same time.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Now
- Your present emotions reflect the present state of your nervous system with all its past imprints. Whenever you have an experience, these imprints enter into your response, which means that most of your reactions are echoes from the past. You do not really live in the present.
- To experience this moment, or any moment, fully, means to engage fully. Meeting a stranger can be totally fleeting and meaningless, for example, unless you enter the individual’s world by finding out at least one thing that is meaningful to his or her life and exchange at least one genuine feeling.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Oneness
- Everything is connected with everything else.
- The outer world is a mirror of who you are at any particular point in space-time.
- The most enlightened people in the world embrace their full potential of light and dark.
- In reality the world is not separate from us, but part of the continuum of consciousness.
- Your inner and outer worlds are both part of a continuum, a single, unified field of activity.
- Our intentions are a manifestation of the total universe because we are a part of the universe.
- On some intimate level, your existence meshes with the universe, not by chance but by intention.
- You are a co-creator, and you have the right to appreciate the patterns of connection that you’ve made.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Oneness
- If you look at reality from the viewpoint of all DNA, not just ours, then there is an entire global information network that has to be kept alive and healthy.
- Protection from external threats is permanent when there are no externals, but only yourself, unfolding in two worlds, inner and outer, that completely mesh.
- The environment “out there” cooperates with the one “in here” like two polarities, in one sense totally opposed but in another totally complementary.
- The intelligence inside us radiates like light, crossing the border between the quantum world and the physical world, unifying the two in a constant subatomic dialogue.
- The universe is alive and conscious , and it responds to our intent when we have our intimate relationship with the universe and see it not as separate but as our extended body.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Oneness
- You exist everywhere in space-time, a scientific fact that we are carrying a step further by saying that this moment in space-time has a special purpose in your world. It is your world, and by responding to it that way, you will begin to notice that it responds back.
- At a preverbal level, all of nature speaks the same language. We are all thinking bodies in a thinking universe. And just as thought projects itself as the molecules of our body, so too the same impulses of energy and information project themselves as space-time events in our environment.
- The realization that “I” am separate from “you” starts to happen at around age two or three. At this stage a baby starts to differentiate between “me” and “mine,” and “not me” and “not mine.” This separation creates anxiety. In reality the world is not separate from us, but part of the continuum of consciousness.
Longest Deepak Chopra Quotes about Oneness
- The habit of looking at the world “out there” as disconnected from you is entrenched; we all share a cultural bias that reserves life only for plants and animals, and that places intelligence exclusively in the brain. You can begin to break down this belief by acknowledging any hint that the inner and outer worlds are connected. Both have the same source; both are organized by the same deep intelligence; both respond to each other.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Power
- You have the power to turn positive to negative and vice versa.
- The deepest reality you are aware of is the one from which you draw your power.
- There are two kinds of power that emanate from the self. The first is the power of agency—the power that comes from having a famous name, lots of money, or an impressive title. The power of agency can be formidable, but it eventually comes to an end. True power comes from within, and it has a spiritual rather than a material foundation. It is permanent and does not die with your body.
- With agency, identity and power come from some external reference—an object, a situation, a status symbol, a relationship, money. With self-power, identity comes from listening to the true self, and power comes from the internal reference of spirit. When you work from this internal reference, your sense of self is clear and is not affected by external factors. This is the source of personal power.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Reality
- The reality you find yourself in depends on you.
- The reality you experience is a mirror image of your expectations.
- Most of us, dwelling as we do inside our private worlds, do not contact the real very often.
- You have to look behind the curtain of memory to begin to discover the true fabric of reality.
- Just the slightest opening of awareness causes a reality shift. Meditation, because it opens more channels of awareness and opens them to a deeper level, causes a bigger shift.
- Nature is like a radio band with infinite stations: The reality you are now experiencing is only one station on the band, completely convincing as long as you stay tuned to it, but quite different from the choices that lie on either side.
Really Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Reality!
- Reality shifts as you do, and when you change your perception of being separate, the one reality responds by shifting with you. The reason everyone doesn’t notice this is that the ego-based world with all its demands, pressures, drama and excesses is highly addictive, and like any addiction it needs a daily fix as well as denial that there is any way out. By giving your allegiance to the one reality instead, you won’t end the addiction immediately, but you will begin to starve it. Your ego and personality, which give you limited awareness of who you are, will be put on notice that clinging and grasping must come to an end.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Resistance
- Resistance is like a wall, holding back the flow of love.
- On the surface the monster of resistance expresses anger and hardness, but this is only to protect the insecurity and loneliness lurking underneath. If you peel away the layers, you find that resistance is actually born of fear.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sense of Self
- Everything you think and feel reflects who you are.
- The secret of surrender is that you do it inside, without trying to please anyone else.
- Your personal reality is synchronistically, coincidentally orchestrated by your sense of self.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sense of Self
- Beneath the fear of being unique, each of us has a powerful craving for as much uniqueness and specialness as possible.
- Greed, arrogance, aggression, and a demanding, disgruntled and unhappy disposition all arise from a constricted sense of self.
- If your sense of self is constricted, then it expresses itself as a tight and constricted body, a fearful outlook and an insecure environment.
- If your sense of self is expanded, it experiences a relaxed body and a friendly, open environment where your intentions synchronistically fulfill themselves.
- Your expanded self always feels a sense of worth, feels at peace, feels free and unbounded, feels in flow, and feels a sense of awe at the mystery of existence.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sense of Self
- The traits we see most clearly in others exist most strongly in ourselves. When we can see into the mirror of relationship, then we can begin to see all of our selves. To do this, we need to be comfortable with our ambiguity, to embrace all aspects of our selves.
- At a deep level we need to recognize that we’re not flawed simply because we have negative traits. No one has only positive traits. Recognizing that we have negative traits simply means that we are complete. And in that completeness we gain greater access to our universal, non-local selves.
Longest Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sense of Self
- If a critical mass of people were to express their expanded selves, not only would they spontaneously fulfill their personal desires, they would change the very way culture articulates itself. In such a transformed culture the emphasis would be on service rather than on greed, cooperation instead of competition, open hearts instead of only markets. Cultural hallmarks would be non-violent conflict resolution, compassion, humility, peace, and social and economic justice.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sexism
- The worth of women in men’s eyes will rise as men stop defining themselves as the opposite of female. Spiritually, male is the complement of female.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Sharing
- If we share with caring, lightheartedness and love, we will create abundance and joy for each other.
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about Spirituality
- Spirituality is based on experience.
- Without passion no one can be truly spiritual.
- The spiritual concept of “I am enough” is truly critical.
- We have an undeniable need to gather together for spiritual purposes.
- There are no accidents in the spiritual life, only patterns we haven’t yet recognized.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about Spirituality
- Spirit is not caused; it is not bound by time and space; it is not a sensation that can be seen, touched, heard, tasted or smelled.
- Even the greatest spiritual attainments take place within the limits of daily mental life, with its doubts, fears, hopes and denials.
- The spiritual meaning of love is measured by what it can do. Love is meant to heal. Love is meant to renew. Love is meant to bring us closer to God.
- You are more than the flesh-and-blood person you see in the mirror, a person created by the world around you. Your actual being has its source in spirit.
- Spirit lies beneath the layers of sensations. To experience it you must go to the heart and meditate upon it until everything that obscures spirit is cleansed.
- Attention and intention are the most powerful tools of the spiritually adept. They are the triggers for attracting both a certain kind of energy and a certain kind of information.
- The spiritual void wasn’t created by wanting material things. It was created by turning to externals and expecting them to do what they can’t do. Externals can’t fill spiritual needs.
- We are not victims of aging, sickness and death. These are part of scenery, not the “seer,” who is immune to any form of change. This “seer” is the spirit, the expression of eternal being.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about Spirituality
- The spiritual process brings transformation steadily, one step at a time, yet the overall result is dramatic. One’s attachment to the ego and its belief in separation, including the ultimate separation of death, is being jettisoned.
- It would be tidier if spiritual seeking were just a matter of enduring one dark night of the soul, after which you would feel secure in your link to God. But there are many dark mornings of the soul, many shadowy afternoons and dim twilights.
- Love is the wave that brings forgiveness, kindness and trust from the level of spirit. You can’t create these things. You can only tune in to them, which is why you need to remake your daily battles into opportunities for spirit. Every sliver of time opens onto the timeless. Can you allow yourself to slip through?
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Stress
- In the short run letting go of stress involves relaxing.
- Be in control where you can. Don’t let chaos dominate.
- Discuss how you feel with others; work together to change the stress.
- Put fear in perspective. Realize that positive outcomes are possible.
- Don’t dwell on stressful events. Avoid becoming addicted to bad news.
- Stress is ongoing; therefore reducing stress also needs to be ongoing.
- Stay centred, and whenever you are thrown off centre, take time to return there.
- By removing the distractions of stress, meditation renews the nervous system’s memory of balance.
- The body at peace is stronger than the body at war. When you can free yourself of the random, uncontrollable stress that is always present, your body will start to be at peace.
- Your body doesn’t like holding on to stress; it does so essentially at the urging of the mind. Taking your mind off the situation and letting your body release its excess energies is a valuable step.
- Under really extreme stress, walk away from the situation—tell anyone else who is involved that you need to be alone for a while to get your bearings. Offer reassurance that you will be back, and even if the other person puts pressure on you to stay, give yourself permission to do what you need to do for your own well-being.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Success
- Resistance never really succeeds.
- When we begin to experience our life as the miraculous expression of divinity—not occasionally, but all the time—then we know the true meaning of success.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Suffering
- Out of suffering can come love.
- Suffering contains a hidden spiritual message.
- Nothing alleviates suffering like reaching out to another person who is suffering.
- The ache of loss is difficult to bear, and often the worst part is the fear that nothing exists behind the ache except a void. Know that emptiness is an illusion. No matter how much you have suffered, your soul sees you as whole.
- The ego wants the best for “me,” yet there is another, subtler force that wants the best for all (which ends up best for “me,” in the end). Allow this force to express itself, and you will discover that the walls of isolation are not as solid as your suffering makes them seem.
- Suffering threatens to make life meaningless. That is its greatest danger, not the pain it inflicts. It is up to each of us to restore meaning. Doctors cannot do it for us with their medicine; friends cannot do it for us with their solace and comfort. You are healed when you can say to yourself, “I matter, I belong, I am worthy, I am safe, I can express myself, I am loved.”
Short Deepak Chopra Quotes about True Self
- The true self is love.
- No other discovery in life is as joyful as regaining your true self.
- You give to the world your greatest gift when you're being yourself.
- If you can live from the level of your soul, you are doing something very special.
Longer Deepak Chopra Quotes about True Self
- Your true identity has remained untouched. You have never sinned against it or affected it in any way except to lose touch with it. The prevailing problem for each person is separation and nothing else.
- Whenever you have a flash of love, innocence, inspiration, awe, wonder or joy, remind yourself: This is the real me. Don’t let such moments simply pass you by. Stop and appreciate them, and ask that you receive more in the future.
- Right now, you accept a fixed set of labels that define you. These include your name, age, family, occupation and social status. However, none of these labels is the true you; they distract from the reality that you are spirit embodied in flesh.
- Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless, it is free, it is immune to criticism, it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery and enchantment.
Long Deepak Chopra Quotes about True Self
- People who attain self-actualization reestablish their connectedness to the non-local mind. They have no desire to manipulate and control others. They are independent of criticism and also of flattery. They feel beneath no one, but they also feel superior to no one. They are in touch with the internal reference point that is their soul, and not their ego.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Trust
- In the light of trust, as it develops slowly over time, you will find that you are a privileged child of the universe, entirely safe, entirely supported, entirely loved.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Violence
- When people settle for the surface of life they miss the only level that can bring war to an end, which lies beneath the surface.
- Our most important task is to transform our consciousness so that violence is no longer an option for us in our personal lives.
- We need to change our collective conversation. The world that we see out there is a projection of the conversation that we have.
- For me to solve my personal anguish over war, I must transform my consciousness until violence is no longer an option.
- If you and I are having a single thought of violence or hatred against anyone in the world at this moment, we are contributing to the wounding of the world.
- Male attributes of force and violence have become grotesquely exaggerated in this world because men leave the feminine energies to women. Aggression and violence will become unnecessary as the shadow energies they disguise—fear and impotence—come to the surface to be recognized and healed.
Long Deepak Chopra Quote about Violence
- Religion must place the responsibility for violence squarely where it belongs, in the mind of every person. It must stop judging others outside the faith as sinners condemned by God. It must stop defending war in any way. It must stop claiming to be the one and only path to God. It must give up its arrogance and claim to authority. It must renounce its covert greed and desire for power. It must discover how to return love to its true place of primacy.
Deepak Chopra Quotes about Wealth
- Discover your divinity, find your unique talent, serve humanity with it, and you can generate all the wealth that you want.
- Realize that the essence of all material wealth is life energy, it is pure potentiality. And pure potentiality is your intrinsic nature.